Wednesday, August 18, 2010

GI Doctor Visit

Audrea Vann Medina

Quick update to let you know that I had a great visit withmy GI doctor this afternoon. I have a sneaking suspicion he's seeing me withoutcost, and further raises him in my already high esteem.

Anyway, he asked about my diet, and was surprised that I've had solid stool, and was also surprised that I've managed to keep anything inat all. He said most people just give up trying to eat and let the TPN do it's job. Not me. I love to eat. But, my scrambled egg with cheese and lightlybuttered toast (a sure fire stay in) might get old eating 3 times a day. My doctor told me to eat what stays and slowly add other foods in after 2-3 weeks.That's hard. Everything looks SOOOO good.

Baby steps, Audrea. Baby steps.

So, after that great visit, mom took me shopping at Kohl's, our favorite place to browse the clearance racks. She treated me to a newwallet and new outfit. Thanks, mom (err...and dad)! I felt normal browsing,except for the time we had to dash to the bathroom. Mom kindly made a lot ofnoise washing her hands, drying them, etc. since she knows how I dislike #2 in public. Considering it's either #2 in a public bathroom, or #2 on myself, I think I'll swallow my pride.

All in all, despite the frequent potty breaks, it's been an okay day.

No comments:

Post a Comment